Friday, March 06, 2009

Birdcage

The thing with me is that I love the idea of statement necklaces but can hardly stand actually wearing them. I don't like having a lot of things hanging off me. I don't like having heavy stuff having from my neck, and I can't work if my hands and wrists are laden with rings and bangles. If I could, my ideal workwear would consist of a tube dress and flipflops.

The only way I can stand wearing necklaces is if they're very dainty. Ideally, I'd like to do it the Kate Lanphear way:

I'd probably do it in a bit more whimsical manner. I am not really very edgy, after all. The thing to do now though is to build up my own little collection of necklaces to stack up. I have a couple already. I have this shorter necklace that I love with a heart shaped locket studded with diamonds. I also have one of those name necklaces a la Carrie Bradshaw circa '02 (yeah I made up the year). I think I found one more candidate on the J.Crew website:


Really not bad for the $50 pricetag. Whoa, did J.Crew really just price something reasonably? Sweet! Definitely MUST GET IT then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's selling at $29.99 on J.Crew's web site now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...