Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cuff Me

I love cuffs. The problem is that it's unrequited love. I don't think my bones have grown since I was 11 so I have teeny tiny wrists and never seem to find cuffs that fit me. They're always in danger of flying right off my wrists (and I gesture a lot, so no one's safe!). So on one hand, I'm really happy that they're en vogue right now because I love seeing them. On the other hand, I'm really REALLY happy they don't fit me because that's one less thing for me to want so much that I'm gonna lose sleep. So now, I'm just going to post a some gorgeous (and pricey) cuffs that I can't afford because I'm no danger of getting tempted anyway.

For our viewing pleasure, in the order of buying improbability (for me, at least):

First up, this faux tortoise and faux citrine cuff by Lee Angel, which retails for $220 at Intermix. I love the design. However, if everything on it is faux, why does it cost so much?

Next up, my favorite of the lot: a lucite studded cuff by Alexis Bittar, $225 at Net-a-porter. I'm not normally a fan of lucite, but I love Alexis Bittar's treatment of it in her jewelry. I love how this cuff looks simultaneously delicate but tough. Straddling punk and glam.

See the contrast between the studded cuff and this more Art Deco-style lucite cuff, also by Alexis Bittar, and retailing for $295 at Intermix.


I just love the simplicity of this next one—a pearlized anaconda cuff by Kara by Kara Ross, $465 at Net-a-porter. This is one of those pieces to quickly throw on before heading out to a casual brunch. It adds a little something.



And finally, for a whopping $2990, this jade and ebony wood cuff by Celestina at Vivre. Celestina is actually a Filipino brand. While I do think the cuff is stunning, I can't figure out why the cuff would cost so much. Oh well. That's why I aint buying! Thank God for my small bones ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We think the cuffs are great too!

For any one searching for Alexis Bittar Jewellery in the UK have a look at Rockoko.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...