Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peek-a-boo!

There's nothing like seasons changing to make one feel like hitting the shops. There was a definite chill in the air this week, announcing the impending fall. That means decisions, decisions, decisions! What will my fall wardrobe be like?

One of the decisions I've made is to go ahead and go down the possibly-granny-look route. I will buy a strappy peep toe platform shoe and wear them with tights this season. It's tricky, I know. I always thought it was funny to see older ladies wearing hose with their peep toe shoes during weddings and other formal events. But here I am, venturing down a similar but hopefully more chica road.

I saw these Boutique 9 shoes today and was quite smitten. I loooove the gray one, but as a beginner in this tights-and-peep-toe thing, I might fare better with the black patent. But then maybe I should just live for once and buy a gray shoe. It would be easier to pick if it didn't cost $150! I know it's not a bad price at all, but I always hesitate to "invest" that much in a Nine West shoe!


This is another fierce option from Aldo, only $100. But I fear that the tan heel makes it too summery, and it won't transition into Fall/Winter so easily ... I think I just like this shoe because it has a twin sister in Jeffrey Campbell's Marly platform, which is a tad pricier at $125. But it is also waaaay more va-va-voom.

Ah well. It's 2AM and I should really be sleeping, not obsessing over shoes. Will sleep on this.

Update: I tried on the Nine West shoe today and it is gorgeous! However, the size 6 is too small for me. Sadness ... Should I just get it since I have to wear it with tights anyway? I also tried this on the va-va-voom gold pair from Urban Outfitters, and it is indeed hella sexy! But I also realize I can't wear it past summer, so too bad. The Aldo shoe could not be located. A Zara shoe that I thought I wanted was not as desirable as I thought. I am destined to try to fill some big shoes I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...