Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Skinny on Fall's Pants

I've been a little confused as of late on whether to go skinny or wide. I do have some wide leg pants and they actually somehow make me look taller. But I've found that wide pants are a tad complicated to wear if you're a Manhattanite and a commuter (I guess that's pretty much everyone on the island except Donald Trump cos Ivanka walks to work too). Skinny pants are so much easier because they stay off the icky NY pavement ... plus, they show off your cool shoes! Suffice it to say, I've decided to go with skinny for fall.

It helps that Givenchy made skinny pants look so freakin' sexy:

But since I am but a humble international civil servant with no trust fund, I need to find a more affordable alternative to Givenchy. When you're a 5'1 size 0 chick with Asian bones, however, pants are the most difficult things to find in NY (One of the reasons why I rarely wear them and only have 5 pairs in my closet—including jeans!). I've had some luck with Express though in the past, because they carry size 0 short pants. So I am hoping that these will work for me:

It would be too cool if these fit well because they're only $59.50, and if you buy two, the second pair is 50% off! I could get them in gray too! I hope I hope I hope they have it in my size ...

4 comments:

katwoman said...

Wow Cowfish, I how I WISH I could wear skinny anything! I always think, since I'm top heavy that if I wear something down there (since my legs are skinny) I'm going to look buntis! Waaaaaaah! Lucky lucky you miss Asian bone structure! That only applies to some parts of me the rest more like the continent of Asia! Ha ha ha!

celine said...

That's cos you're Espanola! Hey I would give up some small bones for some extra boobage. Especially here in NY--I live pa a block away from a strip club (a really good one, hey, I don't live in the 'hood!) so when I go to the gym and see these ginormous boobs strapped into sports bras but ginormous nonetheless, I feel really inadequate! Sigh.

cd_mfo said...

Cel! Topshop is opening na this fall! I find that their pants fit really well. They will carry Petites too! Yay for us! =)

celine said...

I know! Can't wait for our first Topshop expedition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...