Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Uni Craving

I just read this awesome Uni High/Low feature in New York magazine. There's mention of one yummy-looking Uni Panini ($15) at El Quinto Pino. Can't wait to trek downtown and try it! If I get desperate, I just might grab a baguette, uni and lemon and try to make my own ...

Where: El Quinto Pino, 401 West 24th Street, at Ninth Ave. Tel. 212-206-6900

UPDATE: I still haven't made it down to El Quinto Pinto, but actually considered trying to make my own uni panini yesterday. The thing is, at my trusty neighborhood Japanese store Katagiri, fresh uni costs $11. So to go buy the uni and the baguette, then whip up some sorta mustard dressing, and then throw that all onto a panini maker ... I think I'll pay some guy in Chelsea 50 cents to make me an uni panini.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...