Sunday, September 28, 2008

Head over knees

That title sounds a little pervy. Anyhow, I thought I was so over the idea of knee high boots and would just do booties this year. But then now the idea of over-the-knee boots somehow seem appealing. Flat over-the-knee boots in particular, since NY requires flat footwear to do all the crazy walking in. I am in LOVE with these gray ones by Frye on the VS website. They're $398 though and I don't think I'm in the position to shop for pricey shoes if I want to go somewhere nice for the holidays. I hope it's just a passing crush.

PS: I can't believe I'm on my 100th post already! This is what happens when one turns into a hermit for a month. Cray-zee. I need to get a life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, stumbled upon your blog. Was shopping for boots online and found these Ann Demeulemeester lace up inspired boots ala Sea of Shoes for $40!:
http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7264526/c/4554.html
Got these as well:
http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7365252/c/89.html

-Aggie

celine said...

Aggie thanks for the comment and the tip! Oh wow I love all the shoes on Sea of Shoes. Funny enough, I also saw these Anne Demeulemeester-esque shoes on Victoria's Secret. They're by Colin Stuart and a tad pricier at $149 but pretty close don't you think?

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9E-228411&page=1&cgname=OSSHUBOOKNE&rfnbr=5288

Anonymous said...

I have these Frye boots and they are not worth $400. The soles will not last you through one winter in NYC.

celine said...

Thank you thank you thank you for telling me that about the Frye boots! Now I won't lie awake in bed wanting them!

Unknown said...

Hey Cel. I just tried on these type of boots yesterday and they were so nice and comfy BUT way too high for my knees. I guess that's the idea but I will stick to those boots that "lengthen" my legs just as I stick to roll-on deodorants. :)
C

celine said...

Mwahahaha that's the funniest comment ever Cris! Yeah, no, it's probably really hard to get on a bus in those boots!

Thank you for helping me get rid of the mini boot obsession!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...