Saturday, September 27, 2008

Success!

Say hello to my new Hermès scarf!

I can't believe my own perseverance. I actually got up at 8:30 AM on a Saturday, tugged on my fave Gucci rainboots, and hightailed it to the Hermès sample sale. I thought maybe since the weather was supposed to be crappy today, there wouldn't be a huge crowd. I was right. I managed to get in relatively quickly and was transfixed with the beautiful silk scarves and ties for a good hour. Scarves were at $225, 40% off the regular price $375. Men's ties were at $102 - $118. The leather goods were ho-hum, as expected. I only saw 3 Twillys in rather hideous colors.

But I don't care because I have a gorgeous new silk scarf! $225 is still a painful price to pay for a slip of silk, but knowing that I'll use it until I'm 60 eases the pain a little.

To those still pondering whether they should go or not, I say go! There was no line when I left at around 11am, and there are still plenty of pretty scarves, if that's what you're in the market for. The sample sale is on til 6PM today. Last day is tomorrow, Sunday, from 1-6PM. Location is 125 West 18th Street, between Sixth & Seventh Avenues, 4th floor.

Good luck!

5 comments:

cd_mfo said...

Hello Celine's new Hermès scarf! =)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

gorgeous

congrats!

celine said...

Thanks! I'm so so happy :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Laura said...

Gorgeous!

How come I didn't know about this? Oh god they rarely have sale and I missed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...